Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We got a new dog!!

Here is a picture of our new dog....his "official" name is "Purdue" Petey Pender. =)

We have been talking about getting another dog to give Wrigley someone to play with (aka...to help settle him down). And, "I" wanted to name this new dog something that had to do with Purdue....all I could think of was Ross (for the stadium) and I just really didn't like that for a dog name....

For some reason, Will looked at the Denton Co. Animal Shelter website and came across Petey.....yes, he is named after a dog in a movie....but for me, he was named after Purdue.

So, we had to make the decision or he would be euthanized in about 2 days.....how could you say no at that point? All of our animals are rescues of some sort, but I have never been to an animal shelter.

I had to man up folks......and it was awful.

I walked in, saw about 50 dogs and just lost it....tears everywhere....I was crying so hard I couldn't talk. Why?! Because I was so upset that I couldn't take them all home. If you know me, you know I am NOT a cry baby, and you know that if I could have taken them all home I would have and I still feel absolutely awful for NOT taking them all home with me.

If you are thinking about getting a new pet please go to a shelter.....they do not last long there....some counties don't even keep the animals for 24 HOURS!!!! There are great loving animals there....please give them a good home!

Enjoy,

Andrea
Andrea Pender Photography
Fort Worth wedding photographer
Fort Worth senior photographer
Fort Worth family photographer

Please don't use this image on websites, blogs or other media without my explicit permission. Stealing is bad...

Destination photographer, worldwide photographer, senior pictures, pet photography, Texas photographer, Dallas wedding photographer, Dallas teen photographer, Dallas family photographer, Dallas senior photographer, Trash the Dress, Rock the Dress, nature photographer, Senior Portrait Photographer, Southlake wedding photographer, Southlake teen photographer, Southlake family photographer, Flower Mound wedding photographer, Flower Mound family photographer, Roanoke family photographer, Roanoke senior photographer, Roanoke wedding photographer, Keller wedding photographer, Keller senior photographer, Keller family photographer, Equine photography

No comments: